The Bryanston Country Club started out with the Proclamation of the land and 301 acres being set aside for a golf course to be built in the township of Bryanston in 1940. Messrs Hedding, Alrridge and Bentwich came together in 1943 to start the discussions on how to proceed and at some point in their discussions the idea to not just build a Golf Course but to build a Country Club grew and an ad hoc committee was formed with a number of Bryanston residents.
At the end of 1948 the first official committee came into place and in 1951, Sir Ernest Oppenheimer, the first president of the club opened the Club house and the first 9 holes, with Mrs. Irene Douglas driving in the first ball.
In August of 1953, a fire broke destroying the entire Club house. Rebuilding commenced in July of 1954 and completed in February 1955. In March of 1970 the Club opened the squash courts offering its members diverse sporting activities.